Certified Refrigeration B Operator
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0389
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, October 17, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Friday, October 21, 2022 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture
UNION: C.U.P.E Local 82
JOB CODE: 82079
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
GRADE/CLASS: EA4 - Band 8
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $32.67 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to the Manager, Arenas & Recreation Facilities or designate(s), this position will be responsible for the maintenance and efficient operation of encompassing arena facilities, equipment and attendant service areas.
- Has responsibility of and operates the refrigeration plant, including: draining oil traps, adding oil to the system, recording pressures and temperatures every two hours on shift.
- Monitors and records equipment readings for the safe and efficient operation of ice making.
- Will be responsible for the installation, daily maintenance and removal of ice at arenas including use of ice resurfacer, edger and other equipment as necessary.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on compressors, electrical motors, belts, oil, pressure gauges, condenser, ammonia leaks, and water supplies.
- Will ensure regulations and working orders are implemented.
- Cleans and maintains assigned Recreation Facilities inside and outside’ including but not limited to: sanitization, changing light bulbs, snow removal and fire apparatus;
- Communicates with other employees and makes recommendations to supervisor(s) regarding day-to-day operations;
- Communicates and cooperates with the general public regarding money and complaints;
- Works with minimum supervision;
- Maintains amiable relations with the public and fellow staff.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency plus a current and valid Certified Refrigeration Operator Class B License as recognized by the Ontario Engineer’s Act of Ontario;
- Must have over five (5) year’s experience in order to be able to troubleshoot, recognize and correct mechanical problems and operate necessary equipment;
- Must hold and maintain a current, valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a Driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must hold by date of hire and maintain a current valid Standard First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer (Level C) and Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certificate(s) obtained from a first aide WSIA Reg. 1101 training provider recognized by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) for the full period of employment;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light to heavy level of work;
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job;
- Must maintain good public and personnel relations;
- Must be able to keep records and write reports;
- Must observe all safety regulations at all times.
- Must be able to climb ladders when the occasion demands.
- In accordance with applicable Memorandum of Agreements between the Corporation of the City of Windsor and C.U.P.E. Local 82, any employee who holds or obtains the classification of Certified Refrigeration “B” Operator (82079) shall also hold the classifications of Rink Attendant ‘A’ (82092) and Parks Operator (82140).
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.