JOB POSTING: 2023-0347 Amended
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 9:00 AM to Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM
DEPARTMENT: Windsor Public Library
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 2067
JOB CODE: WPL003
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-Time (21hrs/week)
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $19.55 - 24.09 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
Reporting to the Manager of Building Operations or designate, the successful applicant will perform all necessary cleaning duties such as maintaining the daily upkeep of building interiors for cleanliness and safety, including washing and waxing floors, removing garbage, recycling, vacuuming carpets, cleaning washrooms, washing walls and windows, cleaning tiles and dusting. Will be required to maintain building exteriors and grounds including removing litter and graffiti, mowing grass, planting, watering and weeding gardens and snow removal. Incumbent will be responsible for the set-up for programs and displays, including arranging chairs and moving equipment. A variety of building repairs, including painting, construction and furniture repairs will be a responsibility of the position. Will function as part of a system maintenance team performing repairs and upkeep, including assisting in the repair of heavy machinery such as riding lawn mowers, snow blowers and floor buffers. Other duties will include occasionally moving library materials, furniture, equipment between agencies using a library vehicle; sorting and delivering mail; assist in maintaining security including locking and unlocking buildings, checking washrooms and providing emergency assistance to customer service staff when required. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program. Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency.
- Must have over three (3) months of experience in building maintenance.
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s license is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Will work within a team environment and must be flexible in the acceptance of assignments and change of tasks.
- Must have effective time management and organizational skills.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light-medium level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.