Active Transportation Engineer
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0464
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, November 24, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, November 30, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Transportation Planning
JOB CODE: NU0662
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $75,220.06 - $91,430.91 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Transportation Planning Senior Engineer, and in co-operation with the Active Transportation Coordinator, this position will be responsible for a variety of engineering assignments related to the implementation of the Active Transportation Master Plan. Will carry out the technical designs, preparation of specifications, cost estimates, tender documents, and for project management, coordination and contract administration of active transportation projects. Must represent the Corporation and liaise with various City Departments, consultants, contractors and other agencies during the construction of assigned projects. Participates in presentations and discussions at Public meetings. Will maintain cordial relations with the public, various committees and other agencies in the performance of assigned duties. Must remain current with active transportation industry standards, guidelines, best practices and legislation. Participates in presentations and discussions at Public meetings. As assigned, will co-ordinate the work activities of support staff. Will liaise and maintain cordial relations with various divisions of the Engineering and Operations Departments, as well as other Departments, the public, various committees and other agencies in the performance of assigned duties. Will be required to travel to off-site meetings and attend various job sites. Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety program. Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a University Degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental or related), or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible engineering experience, preferably in a municipal environment;
- Must be licensed by the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have project administration experience, and experience and understanding of roadway/traffic operations.
- Must present clear, concise, and accurate verbal and written reports.
- Must have proven technical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience in a computerized environment, including, MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Must be familiar with all relevant legislation and codes.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Given that this job is a new position a Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six months of occupying the position.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.