General Accounts Payable Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0372
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: CU.P.E Local 543
JOB CODE: 543046
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $27.72 - $32.62 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting Services, the position will be responsible for performing clerical duties relating to the verification of information on invoices prior to payment for the Accounts Payable Division of the Finance area; Responsible for all payment runs for the City's Accounts Payable process; Will use PeopleSoft, verify the accuracy of vouchers with the original vendor invoice/payment support including vendor name, vendor address, total dollar amount, taxes, and the appropriate approvals for payment; Match attachments to cheques for payment runs, and facilitates special handling requests are routed to the appropriate areas; File all invoices and maintain the vendor files; Answer accounts payable inquiries from vendors and city service areas and resolves problems; Functional supervision for temporary assistance in high volume times; Run PeopleSoft queries and financial reports for payment runs; Provide supporting documentation for High Dollar EFT payments, along with HD report; Provide supporting documentation for all other High Dollar payments; Process indemnity refunds, debenture payments, and express payment as required; Ensure proper accounts payable form is used for payments containing confidential information, and TC50 vouchers include backup documentation; Ensure all progress certificates, travel & business expense vouchers are signed and meet the accounting guidelines; Close month end and year end for accounts payable; Enter/Update or approve vendor information in Vendor Database Management System/PeopleSoft, as required; Train and provide guidelines to support staff and/or departmental A/P clerks; Perform back up duties of the A/P Control Clerk, Vendor Specialist and Accounts Receivable Clerk as required; Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program; Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus two (2) years of post-secondary school courses in Accounting, Business or Finance or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized accounts payable environment;
- Successful applicant will be capable of working without detailed direction or close supervision;
- Experience with the PeopleSoft Financial System would be considered a definite asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.