JOB POSTING #: 2023-0048
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, January 27, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543078
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $36.65 to $43.10 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
HOURS OF WORK: 37.50 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Systems, this position will analyze, design, build, implement, troubleshoot, maintain and enhance specialized computer systems, programs and databases for various types of hardware platforms and operating systems to suit user needs; Communicate effectively with users, the public and fellow staff in order to determine the nature and cause of problems and take the necessary steps to effect the most appropriate solution; Expedite problem solutions with a degree of efficiency and effectiveness that is appropriate to a Real Time/On-Line/Web-Based environment taking into consideration the high level of visibility and immediacy of user and public impact; Responds frequently to programming inquiries in person and/or by phone. Responds to problems that may arise in the systems during working hours, after hours on holidays and vacations; Develop integration strategies and build and install suitable interfaces for diverse applications (new and upgrades) deployed on varying hardware platforms and operating systems while utilizing multiple application development tools; Function effectively in a multi-project, multi-tasking environment by employing time management, stress management and task continuation skills; Build and implement divisional procedures and system routines that would ensure that corporate policies for data security and integrity, information confidentiality and business continuity are not compromised; Implement backup and recovery plans; Document procedures and specifications for use by Users, Technical Operations and Systems Development personnel to facilitate exercise of their duties; Create Functional Specification Documents based on the business requirements and Technical Specification Documents detailing network, database, server and workstation requirements and solutions. Perform coordinator functions on projects requiring collaboration of diversely multi-skilled staff; Conduct analysis and research for the development of Request for Proposals and Business Requirement Documents; Participate in the research, evaluation and recommendation of IT solutions or technical tools provided by vendors; Provide technical input and rationalization for departmental strategy decisions; Provide rationalization of cost benefits for projects; Accountable for the selection and administration of the training budget. Responsible for the processing of financial instruments (i.e. T4’s); Develop, implement and present comprehensive training solutions for users, employees and management groups; Accountable for the selection and administration of the training budget. Provides functional supervision of students’ technical work. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary Community College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over four (4) years of work experience in a fast paced computer programming environment (complex, integrated software environments both in client and web based solutions requiring immediate response to solutions with little to no direction where experience includes design, development, documentation, testing and support);
- Must have work experience in application development in two or more major systems including integration of them;
- Must have knowledge of current design and system development methodologies;
- Must have skills to communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written formats;
- Must have the ability to work under tight deadlines and remain focused despite constant interruptions;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple project priorities and timelines are essential;
- Strong effective interpersonal skills and initiative that will complement your ability to work independently or in teams;
- Should have a willingness to continue upgrading skills in order to keep up with the ever-changing technology;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft is considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.