JOB POSTING #: 2023-0188
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, May 15, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Huron Lodge
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543190
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $31.66 to $37.23 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Resident Services, this position provides counselling, support and crisis intervention to residents and families;
- Will review services to prospective residents and families;
- Review applications for long term care placement:
- Prepares all documentation necessary for admission in conjunction with applicable staff; coordinates permanent admissions, internal transfers and discharges for the facility;
- Coordinates resident interdisciplinary care conferences, provides input into multi-disciplinary care plans;
- Coordinates all relevant policies and procedures as outlined in applicable acts and regulations;
- Orientates new residents to the facility;
- Assesses the psychosocial needs of residents;
- Documents on residents’ charts as required;
- Liaises with community agencies and makes appropriate referrals when necessary;
- Facilitates family education/support groups as needed: assists in the supervision of University Social Work students in their field placement;
- Assists with resident activities as needed.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a four (4) year, post-secondary school University Degree in Social Work or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a geriatric environment, working with seniors;
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- Must be familiar with computer applications such as the Microsoft Suite of Products (Outlook, Word, etc);
- Must have a good working knowledge of community resources for seniors;
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with seniors and their families;
- Must be patient, respectful and gentle in dealing with the elderly;
- Must maintain good relations with residents, staff and public;
- Must possess excellent written and communication skills;
- Must have experience with group work and volunteer groups;
- Should have knowledge of all applicable Acts and Regulations;
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development will be considered an asset;
- Related community and volunteer experience is a definite asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.