JOB POSTING #: 2023-0038
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, February 6, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, March 17, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: REC029
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-Time Recreational
# OF POSITIONS: Various
GRADE/CLASS: 003 - Salary Schedule - E1
RATE OF PAY: $17.76 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Manager WIATC/Adventure Bay or Supervisor of Community Programming or designate as appropriate, will assist in the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Responsible for monitoring the facility, completing program registrations and booking rentals, responding to general inquiries and assisting with overall building operations;
- responsible for completing financial transactions and following cash handling procedures on a daily basis.
- Will monitor the building seasonally for operations, e.g. snow shovelling, etc.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment and perform required duties including maintenance of washrooms, all program rooms, hallways and lobby.
- Will be responsible for set up and take down of program and rental equipment.
- Provide first aid and respond to emergency situations.
- Inform Supervisor immediately of any serious incidents, as required.
- Will complete reports as needed.
- Schedule staff in emergency situations as required.
- Responsible for safety and security of building, equipment, staff and customers while on duty, including: checking on programs and rentals before, during, and after the event, checking washrooms for stock and cleanliness if required, monitoring facility usage by locking unused rooms and monitoring the entrances and exits.
- Maintain excellent customer service and public relations at all times.
- Respond to minor staff issues, and inform Supervisor of any concerns.
- Perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety Program.
- Perform general office duties and any other duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age at time of employment;
- Must have completed an Ontario Secondary School Grade 10 education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have up to (3) months experience in a recreation/cultural setting.
- Must hold by date of hire and maintain a current valid Standard First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer (Level C) and Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certificate(s) obtained from a first aide WSIA Reg. 1101 training provider recognized by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) for the full period of employment;
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and statutory holidays if required.
- Previous customer service training considered an asset.
- Smart Serve training considered an asset.
- Experience working with computer programs such as MS WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, and ActiveNet will be considered an asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.