JOB POSTING #: 2023-0032
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 8:30AM to Monday, January 23, 2023 at 4:30PM
DEPARTMENT: Operations - Public Works
UNION: CUPE LOCAL 543
JOB CODE: 543557
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 3 RFT
RATE OF PAY: $35.34 - $41.55 Per Hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Under the direction of the Manager of Contracts, Field Services and Maintenance this position will perform surveys, inspections, quality control and administration duties pertaining to public right of way, properties and facilities
- Surveys and inspects Corporate infrastructures during all phases of construction, including appropriate record keeping; surveys and inspects existing infrastructure, including manhole entries and sewer walks; completes and evaluates infrastructure testing and quality assurance.
- Under the direction of a Supervisor ensures contractor compliance with City of Windsor Specifications; organizes, calculates and reports on “as-built” quantities; checks line and grade as required; reviews project plans and specifications for completeness and accuracy; assists with special projects and infrastructure studies.
- Directs junior staff as required.
- Work to be performed in all types of weather during all phases of construction.
- Will be required to travel to various construction sites. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary school Diploma from a Community College in Engineering or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over three (3) years of demonstrated/proven experience as a Construction Inspector or Contract Administrator dealing with the installation of Municipal infrastructure;
- Must hold and maintain a current, valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of heavy construction methods, material testing, and construction surveying, including plan and specification interpretation;
- Must become proficient in Confined Space Entry, Concrete Testing, First Aid ,and CPR;
- Must have knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Must have proven oral and written communication skills;
- Certification as an Engineering Technician or Technologist by O.A.C.E.T.T., or willing to work towards certification, will be considered an asset;
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) certification would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium - heavy level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.