Manager, Operations (WPL)
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0487
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, December 23, 2022 at 9:00 AM to Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 5:00 PM
DEPARTMENT: Windsor Public Library
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $67,845.44 - $82,467.14 annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the CEO, Windsor Public Library, this position will be responsible for senior administrative support of the Office of the CEO and WPL HR matters, including research, planning and policy/procedure development and maintenance;
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and the Library Board;
- Coordinate and manage Board operations;
- Liaise on behalf of the CEO with outside agencies and city departments;
- Perform research related to communications, reports, policy/procedure development, union issues and special projects;
- Records management for all Board materials, WPL management team and staff; comply with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation for the MFIPPA year-end statistical report;
- Organize schedules/meetings and draft Board and Committee agenda and related materials;
- Research and draft Board reports; arrange Board training (OLA) as needed;
- Index Board motions;
- Responds to requests for information from Board;
- Contribute to strategic planning sessions, WPL policies and procedures, and annual budget preparation;
- Participates in organizational committees, both management and joint union/management committees;
- Prepares internal correspondence;
- Handle/refer customer complaints;
- Coordinate administration schedules, including inputting daily schedules, sick and vacation time for all administration and support staff;
- Assist with human resources functions such as recruiting, grievance administration, employee discipline, performance evaluations and formulation and maintenance of job descriptions.
- Will be responsible to oversee Workforce Management system administration.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a Community College diploma in Administration or Human Resources or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related field.
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have experience preparing agendas
- Must have experience recording minutes
- Must have accuracy, diplomacy and maintain confidentiality
- CHRP or CHRL designation will be considered as asset
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Experience working in a diverse, unionized workforce environment will be considered an asset
- Project management skills and experience will be considered an asset
- Proven leadership and team building skills will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills will be considered an asset
- Experience in a library or non-profit sector will be considered an asset
- Ability to demonstrate decision making ability and competency in problem analysis and resolution will be considered an asset
- Ability to innovate and facilitate change management will be considered an asset
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.