Caseworker - Employment Services
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0193
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, May 12, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543233
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 6
RATE OF PAY: $32.83 to $38.62 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of employment services and supports to social assistance recipients or the general public through Employment Ontario and/or Ontario Works Initiatives, including employment planning, case management and placement into training and employment;
- Also completes applications for various classes or assistance/programs(Ontario Works/Employment Ontario), documenting and verifying information;
- Making recommendations as to eligibility or for programming or training;
- Recommending or issuing employment initiatives;
- Maintaining and organizing a caseload to ensure legislative requirements are met and services provided;
- Identifying client needs and making appropriate referrals;
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with clients, other staff members and the Community.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
Note: Please be advised that the initial job placements for this posting will be 5 at the Windsor location and 1 at the Leamington location. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary school University Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration or Social Work or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over three (3) years of direct client support experience as it relates to human services planning and/or case management in a Social Services environment with good knowledge of Social Service programs and related legislation;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be a mature person who can demonstrate sensitivity to client needs;
- Must have operating knowledge of computer systems/programs including the Microsoft Suite of Products such as Word and Outlook;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited / sedentary level of work
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.