Clerk Steno Senior
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0380
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, October 7, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Friday, October 14, at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Planning Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543102
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $23.71 – $27.87 per hour
POSITION #: 00000298
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
HOURS OF WORK: 33.75
- Reporting to the City Planner, this position will perform clerical and related office duties including, but not limited to:
- Typing of rezoning reports, Council reports, prepare Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee (PHEDSC) agendas, PHEDSC public notices (Clerks and/or Windsor Star), by-laws, new applications, correspondence, etc.;
- Maintain rezoning, H Removal, Subdivision, Part Lot Control and Condo Conversion applications, tracking spreadsheets in Excel and LiveLink;
- Enter new Planning applications in Amanda;
- Open, close and maintain Planning applications and record statistics;
- Attend monthly PHEDSC meetings;
- Take and prepare minutes;
- Prepare extracts of the minutes for consideration;
- Assist in preparing reimbursement for PHEDSC members;
- Take daily attendance and maintain attendance files in PeopleSoft when required;
- Maintain vacation, overtime and flex time schedules;
- Prepare the Gross Pay Sheet for Finance Dept. (attendance information) when required;
- Respond to customer inquiries at the counter or on the telephone;
- Provide back-up for customer service for other Clerk Stenos in the Planning Department;
- Schedule appointments and meetings for staff as required;
- Receive limited payments and issue receipts for applications submitted.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, plus one (1) year of post secondary education in Business/Office Administration from a Community College, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies; OR
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, plus ten (10) full-time years of experience with the Corporation of the City of Windsor in an administrative/secretarial/clerical position with successful completion of all three (3) levels of the Computer Technology Certificate;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a fast paced computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of Products, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Must have 50 wpm typing proficiency;
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Must be capable of maintaining good relations with the public and other employees at all times;
- Must have initiative and ability to work with minimal direction;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and the Amanda system will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.