Caseworker - Housing Support (Bilingual)
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0504
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, December 18, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, December 22, 2023 at 4: 30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Children’s Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543555
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $32.06 to $37.70 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible for interviewing applicants and recipients in order to complete assessments to determine initial and ongoing eligibility for various classes of social assistance through the use and application of computer technology; monitoring of lodging home operation to ensure adherence to municipal by-law, assure stipulations and obligations under agreement are compiled with respect to the supervision, care, safety and well-being of clients;
- Will meet with clients at the respective Rest Home locations to complete required applications and/or to obtain updated status/changes;
- May be required to travel to clients' homes to perform initial interviews; review of resident trust records for accuracy and accountability in accordance with contractual responsibilities; investigation and documentation of details of serious occurrences;
- Examination of medical records to determine administration in accordance with physician’s instructions; documenting and verifying information; making recommendations as to eligibility; maintaining and organizing a caseload to ensure legislative requirements are met and service is provided;
- Identifying client needs and making appropriate referrals;
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with clients and other staff members;
- Maintain financial monthly billing of Lodging Home/Excel spreadsheet;
- Reconcile billing monthly.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary school Degree from a University in Social Sciences or Social Work or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a Social Services setting;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must be fluently bilingual (English & French);
- Must have good knowledge of Social Service programs and related legislation as well as knowledge of municipal by-law #395-2004 Schedule L1 and agreement requirements;
- Must be a mature person who can demonstrate sensitivity to client needs;
- Must have operating knowledge of computer systems/programs including the Microsoft Suite of Products such as Word, Excel and Outlook;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.