JOB POSTING #: 2023-0259
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, July 07, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Windsor Public Library
UNION: C.U.P.E. 2067
JOB CODE: WPL002
POSITION STATUS: Regular Part-Time
GRADE/CLASS: Group 3
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $18.53 - $22.86 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
Reporting to the Manager Public Service - System Wide Services, or designate, this position is responsible for operating a delivery vehicle within city limits. Perform duties such as collect, sort, receive and distribute materials, supplies and internal mail throughout the Windsor Public Library system. May be responsible for building security while executing daily duties. Perform daily delivery truck inspections in accordance with the Ministry of Transportation guidelines and maintain daily log. Will provide backup support for shipper/receiver when required. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over three(3) months and up to and including six(6) months in related work experience;
- Must demonstrate excellent public service and customer relations skills;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class G Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have effective time management and organizational skills;
- Respond willingly to flexibility in assignment and changing tasks in a team environment;
- Public Library experience is considered a definite asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.