Intake Service Representative
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0451
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, November 23, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543391
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 3
RATE OF PAY: $26.70 to $31.37 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to a Coordinator, this position will be responsible for general office duties in a highly computerized environment, including: typing; processing of initial Employment Ontario application information; Scheduling of appointments; Responding to and/or screening of telephone or switchboard inquiries; Sorting of data and input documents; maintenance of various team records; Providing caseworker assistance such as scheduling appointments; Providing employment and social assistance information; Assisting clients with specific problems; Directing calls to appropriate staff or agencies; Sorting and distributing mail; originating, retrieving, sorting and maintaining files; Recording various team statistics. Receives emergency calls and determines the extent of the emergency to prioritize appointment scheduling. Schedules intake interviews utilizing a computerized scheduling tool. Performs various third party checks through computerized network access. Requests and sends electronic file transfers internally across offices and externally to other Service Providers. Must communicate with the public and fellow staff in a tactful and courteous manner. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
NOTE: Please be advised that the initial job placement for this posting will be at the Windsor location. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education Equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in Customer Service in a Social Services setting;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have training and operating knowledge in computer systems/programs including Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite of Products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Must have a minimum accurate typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.