Special Projects Coordinator
JOB POSTING #: 2024-0010
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, January 12, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Children’s Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543569
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 3
RATE OF PAY: $30.16 - $35.46 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Children's Services or designate, this position will be responsible for providing research, analysis and supports regarding program/project development and implementation.
- Project work focuses on planning, policy development, strategies and program initiatives in Windsor-Essex County and is driven primarily by current funding initiatives and the related service system planning workload and related guideline requirements.
- Will perform administrative duties including but not limited to: research, analysis; planning and policy development; report writing’ development of communications; distribution of funding letters and reconciliation of said funding;
- Coordination of meetings with internal and external parties;
- Preparation of pre and post meeting documentation and dissemination of this information.
- Acts as a “flexible” resource that can be accessed where needs exist within the Children’s Services Department; responds to inquiries from internal and external parties, which may include consultants who have been retained by the Department.
- Monitor existing community resources and initiatives;
- Review external reports; gather and prepare data relative to information requests from various Ministries, politicians, other Departments and City Council;
- Analysis of information including statistics and provides input regarding appropriate action.
- Draft content and layout of reports for distribution;
- Provide input for responses to issues and/or the development of strategies.
- Develop and facilitate communications relative to funding initiatives, programs, policies and procedures, including the development of both internal and external communications in various forms.
- Provide operational program support by developing processes and protocols to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of program delivery.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus a two (2) year post-secondary diploma in Early Childhood Education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must hold the designation of Registered Early Childhood Educator with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
- Must have over three (3) years of experience in a Child Care and/or Early Years environment;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Must possess excellent written, analytical and oral communication skills;
- Must be able to interpret data, legislation, program material and analyze issues;
- Must be able to work with a high level of initiative observing confidentiality;
- A Post ECE certificate in Early Childhood Administration would be considered an asset ;
- Previous experience in the area of Office Administration will be considered an asset;
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.