Planner II - Development Review
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0390
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, October 10, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Planning Services
JOB CODE: NU0034
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 3
RATE OF PAY: $82,365.43 - $100,116.32 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Deputy City Planner (Development), this position will be responsible to research and prepare written reports and recommendations to present to the Development & Heritage Standing Committee, Committee of Adjustment and City Council on Planning Act applications (i.e. Official Plan, Rezoning, Subdivision, Condominium, Part Lot Control, Minor Variance, and Consent) and Street and Alley Closing applications. Liaison with other departments, agencies, consultants and government personnel; prepare by-law amendments concerning Planning Act applications; implement the City’s Official Plan, Zoning By-law, and other community plans; negotiate development agreements and co-ordinate meetings with city staff and private developers on development matters. Research and respond to public inquiries respecting Planning Act applications and development activity in the City of Windsor. Respond to public inquiries and requests for planning information; provide professional planning advice regarding Committee of Adjustment applications, Street and Alley applications, and to various committees as required; provide expert evidence at hearings of the Ontario Land Tribunal respecting appeals of development applications. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Planning or related field, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years experience in planning or related field;
- Must be a member in the Canadian Institute of Planners/Ontario Professional Planners Institute as a Registered Professional Planner or be able to attain full membership within three (3) years of accepting the position;
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have knowledge of the Ontario Planning Act and related legislation and provincial policies and the development review process;
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Must have ability to solve problems and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Must have excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills; ability to make oral presentations;
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of programs, ability to develop and use graphic aids, and land based information systems;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.