Supervisor EarlyON Child and Family Centres
JOB POSTING #: 2024-0008
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, January 12, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Children’s Services
JOB CODE: NU0312
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $91, 318.22 to $110, 998.00 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager, Children’s Services or designate, this position will be responsible for ensuring the efficient administration and operation of EarlyOn Child and Family Centres. Responsible for delivery of quality early learning and programs to children (birth to age 6) in line with the Ministry of Education’s Pedagogy, How Does Learning Happen?, across Windsor and Essex County on behalf of the Ministry of Education. Must oversee all related centre operational requirements including: quality children’s programming, parenting supports, special programs and activities;
- Participate in budget development and monitoring;
- Allocate budget funds and spending per directly operated EarlyON Child and Family Centres. Responsible for supervision of Registered Early Childhood Educators, including scheduling, performance management, training, and recruitment.
- Act as a resource to staff; participate in planning for the community via internal and external committee’s with other early years and child development agencies who use EarlyON Child and Family Centres as a vehicle to reach and/or service families.;
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of data, including annual client surveys.
- Ensures adherence to all related legislation, CCEYA and Ministry of Education guidelines and policies;
- Will be accessible during the evening and on weekends to support centres and program staff; will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Early Childhood Education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year progressively responsible experience in a child care centre environment. OR
- Must have a post secondary school community College diploma in Early Childhood Education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible experience in a child care centre environment.
- Must be Registered in Good Standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Must be proficient in communication and relationship building skills;
- Must have good organizational skills;
- Must have proven leadership and team building experience;
- Must show respect for families and opinions of parents as well as community partners and values their experience and expertise;
- Must have knowledge of appropriate legislation and procedures;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Experience in community development will be considered an asset;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program.
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary-light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.