By-Law Enforcement Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0339
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, September 2, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Building Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543383
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $24.58 – $28.95 per hour
POSITION #: 00005726
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
HOURS OF WORK: 33.75
- Reporting to the Manager of Inspections/DCBO, the position will be responsible to provide customer service to the public, which includes answering telephone inquiries relating to the City’s regulatory and licensing by-laws.
- The incumbent will be responsible for typing correspondence, minutes, memoranda, etc. for by-law enforcement.
- Will transcribe minutes for team meetings.
- Prioritizes and reviews all requests for by-law enforcement and evaluates potential violations occurred before giving request for service to inspection staff.
- Calculates administrative fees for violations and board up service invoices as assigned.
- Prepares violations for registered mail daily; prepares affidavits of service.
- Maintains a paper and electronic file system in the by-law enforcement area.
- Enters and accesses information in the Amanda system. Monitors and responds to two-way radio.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in a Business or By-Law Enforcement field, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies; OR
- Must have an Ontario Secondary school Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency plus ten (10) full-time years of experience with the Corporation of the City of Windsor in an Administrative/Secretarial/Clerical position with successful completion of all three (3) levels of the Computer Technology Certificate;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized and customer service office environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of Products, i.e. Word and Excel
- Must have good customer service skills and excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of the Amanda system would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the City’s regulatory by-laws would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited / sedentary level of work.
- Internal candidates will be granted priority consideration before external applicants as determined by the applicable Collective Agreement eligibility process and/or current Corporate hiring practices.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.