JOB POSTING #: 2022-0417
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Monday, November 7, 2022 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Policy, Gaming, Licensing & By-Law Enforcement
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543029
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $24.88 to $28.95 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Supervisor of Licensing, this position will be responsible for issuing licences in accordance with Municipal By-laws and in the case of gaming licences, also in compliance with provincial regulatory framework.
- Incumbent will process and review applications, supporting documents and criminal record checks to ensure compliance with by-laws, provincial regulations, Municipal Terms and Conditions and Alcohol and Gaming Commissions Terms and Conditions;
- Calculates appropriate fees, accepts payments for licences by mail or at the counter, validates through cash register and balances daily.
- Generates requests for service (RFS) to By-Law Enforcement for inspection/investigation when necessary.
- Updates computer database with information for closures of businesses, altering of animals, changes in contact information etc.
- Will provide front-line customer service to general public, which includes attending front counter.
- Interaction with a high volume of customers through personal, telephone and mail inquiries will be a requirement of the position.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, preferably working with provincial acts and municipal by-laws;
- Must have a typing proficiency of 50 wpm;
- Must be able to prioritize daily workload;
- Must demonstrate written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Amanda and LiveLink considered an asset;
- Cash handling experience including balancing daily summaries considered an asset;
- Knowledge of business, lottery and dog licensing by-laws considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Alcohol and Gaming Commission Terms and Conditions considered an asset;
- Courses taken from a recognized Community College in Office Administration/Management will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited / sedentary level of work.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.