Digital Content Manager
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0470
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Friday, January 13, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Mayor's Office
UNION: Non Union
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time Contract
# OF POSITIONS: 1
The Digital Content Manager is a core member of the Mayor’s Office team, striving to drive growth of digital and innovative constituent communications. The Manager works collaboratively within the Mayor’s Office team to lead the development of visual public-facing communications regarding local government service delivery taking place across the City of Windsor. The successful candidate will have an eye for design and skilled at turning complex public policy activities into creative visualizations.
The Digital Content Manager will play a pivotal role in developing how the Mayor’s Office modernizes communications, digital interactions and consultations with members of the general public, stakeholder communities and local organization. Leveraging research and impactful storytelling, the Manager will expand the use of social media tools and functionality to more readily disseminate important local government updates with members of the public, with the overall goal of increasing municipal government transparency. The individual will leverage a variety of technology and platforms to effectively deliver visual and engaging experiences that demonstrate the challenges and opportunities facing the City of Windsor, working to assemble information from a variety of internal and external sources. Building relationships and partnering closely with City Administration is critical to success in this role.
- Must have a University degree in Media Relations, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience specifically in creating and synthesizing complex presentations and producing creative assets;
- Proven experience working with Senior Leadership and Management- attending meetings, working within complex organizations and managing multiple deadlines and stakeholders;
- Experience leading the development of creative visualizations using PowerPoint, infographics, dynamic imagery, video, AR/VR representation;
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experienced storyteller, high ability to translate data into visually appealing presentation is essential;
- Exceptional written and presentation skills and comfort pitching a variety of creative concepts;
- Ability to simplify complex challenges to influence and inform general public audience, and others who may not be subject-matter experts;
- Self-directed individual with an eagerness to excel and is accustomed to a fast-paced and agile environment with competing and flexible priorities;
- Experience working as a collaborative team member.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.